ApconiX,a scale-up business providing toxicology, ion channel screening and drug target safety assessments to the large pharmaceutical and biotech sectors, wanted to grow its business through showing how its expertise is critical to bringing safe and effective drugs to market.
We recommended a combination of media relations, comprising news and in-depth feature article activity targeting the pharmaceutical trade media and owned, thought leadership content creation for the ApconiX website.
Media relations – news
Working closely with ApconiX’s founding team, we created, developed and distributed several news stories demonstrating the company’s:
- New capabilities in preclinical cardiovascular safety testing, evaluation and pharmacology for pharmaceutical companies’ drug discovery and development projects
- Insight into the importance of safety data when balancing drug efficacy and safety in developing new cancer drugs and its value in accelerating clinical trials
- Success in scaling up – through increasing business with large pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies, university spin-outs and national regulators, including the US Food and Drug Administration.
Media relations – features
- Drug Discovery Today: peer-reviewed feature article focused on how assessing targets for safety in drug discovery de-risks projects, reduces failure and helps the progression to clinical trials
- Pharma Times: Choosing the right non-clinical CRO – feature article exploring the factors governing how pharmaceutical companies should select a non-clinical CRO for drug discovery and development services.
Owned content – ApconiX blog
- Collaborated with senior ApconiX toxicologist to draft thought leadership blog content on the topic of why study monitoring is important to drug discovery projects.